To provide athletic performance enhancement services to individual, group, and teams committed to improving or maintaining current levels of performance and achieving full athletic potential. To not support gimmicks, fads, or quick fixes, but to provide a platform of integrated and balanced strength and conditioning programs based on up to date methodology and supported by the very latest in the scientific literature. To see to it that clients are educated and empowered beyond expectations and to base success on detailed assessments, goal setting, sound program design and a relationship established by hard work, dedication and commitment.
To base our training philosophy on life balance. “An athlete represents an exceptional multidimensional blend of the physical, mental, spiritual, motivation, professionalism, intellect, emotion and drive that transcends the physical. An athlete exists in all areas of life that test our human potential. A jock is purely physical and one-dimensional”. Our professional goal is to develop and enhance the athlete in all of us.
The body is always adapting. Our focus is to provide stimulus for positive adaptations to produce a mind and body necessary to compete under stress.
1. Kirk Bradshaw MATm, ATC, CSCS, PES
- Founder Athletic Training institute 2004 to present
- Mastery Muscle Activation Techniques specialist 2012
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist 1995
- Certified Athletic Trainer 1993
- Performance Enhancement Specialist 1997
- Graduate in Athletic Medicine BS Biology pre-physical therapy, Washington State University 1993
- Founder Advanced Fitness 1994
- Head Athletic Trainer, Kamiak High School 1994-97
2. Jenny Miller, MATs, PI
- Director of Pilates, Athletic Training Institute, Bellevue, WA, 2012 – Current
- Owner, Vajra Pilates, Redmond, WA, 2001 – 2012
- Pilates Instructor, Balance Within Movement Studio, Redmond, WA, 1999 – 2001
- MAT (Muscle Activation Technique) Internship, Bellevue, WA, 2012 – Current
- RTS (Resistance Training Specialist) 123, Bellevue, WA, 2011 & 2013
- Meditation Teacher, The Way of Seeing, Seattle, WA, 2004-2006
- BA Physical Education/Parks and Recreation, Western Washington University, 1984
- Avid, Skier, Cyclist, Outdoor Enthusiast, Parent
3. Arash (Aj) Ranjbaran ATC, MATs
- Graduated Cum Laude from Eastern Washington University, BS in Athletic Training
- Certified Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist (MATs)
- Athletic Trainer and rehabilitation developer under Randy Boswell MS, ATC
- (Collegiate wrestling head trainer, and multiple Worlds and Olympic tours as an ATC for wrestlers)
- Studied Strength and Conditioning with Emil Verbovski, former Bulgarian Olympic School Trainer
- Work with multiple professional fighters, Including former world heavyweights in Mauy Thai, and MMA
- RingDemon AC Affiliated Instructor
- Former Professional Fighter, Jiu Jitsu Instructor, and current HS wrestling coach
4. Dan Zeller MATs
2005 to Present:
Athletic Performance Specialist with a focus on explosive athlete development including professional-level speed, agility, strength, power, and plyometric sports specific training.
2010 to Present:
Muscle Activation Specialist
Academics / Athletics:
- 2006 & 2007 Academic All-American overall 4.0 GPA
- 2007 Orange County Football Hall of Fame Inductee for Scholastic and Athletic achievements; highest GPA in its 40+ year history.
- 2007 2nd Team All League Honors – Ranked as the #5 OLB overall in the Mission Conference, Southern California
- 2006-2007 Golden West College Football Participant, Huntington Beach CA
- 2005-2006 Saddleback College Football Participant, Mission Viejo CA
- 2004 Olympic Weightlifting Washington State Champion 77kg Class
- 2004 Olympic Weightlifting Junior Olympic Qualifier
- 2004 Snohomish County Football Hall of Fame Inductee for Scholastic and Athletic achievements
- 2003-2004 Army National Guard Scholar Athlete of the Year Award
- 2003 Olympic Weightlifting 2nd place in Washing State 77kg Class
- Muscle Activation Techniques 2010-Present
- Kinesiology BS Western Washington University 2008-2010
- Attended Golden West College, Huntington Beach CA, 2006-2007
- Attended Saddleback College, Mission Viejo CA, 2005-2006
5. Darren Coben MATs
- Certified Martial Arts Instructor from 1998-2006
- Graduated from the Fitness Specialist Program at Mesa College, San Diego, Ca 2001
- ACE (American Council on Exercise) Certified 2001
- Trained at Bally Total Fitness from 2002 to 2005
- Trained at Executive Portable Health from 2005 to 2007
- WITS (World Instructor Training School) Certified 2007
- Opened, Owned, and operated Define Fitness Studio from 2007 to 2013
- Consultant for 10 More Strength & Conditioning from 2011 to 2013
- Completed the MAT (Muscle Activation Techniques) Internship 2012-2013
- Continuing MAT education 2012 to present
- Athletic Training Institute Coach from January 2013 to present
Sports conditioning and injury prevention experience includes training motocross riders, fencers, martial artists, baseball and softball players, football players, volleyball players, skiers and snowboarders, tennis players, and preparing law enforcement, military, and firefighter personnel for physical testing requirements.
General Population experience includes working with people of all ages and fitness abilities, from couch potatoes to weekend warriors, and helping them learn proper movement mechanics, injury prevention strategies, and help them regain optimal muscle function.
6. Ben Dragavon MATs
- Muscle Activation Specialist
- Current Coach for Seattle Sounders FC U-23s
- Current Coach for Seattle Sounders FC Academy
- Current Coach for Seattle Reign FC
- 5-year Professional Soccer Career (see below)
- BS in Exercise and Sports Science/Pre-physical Therapy, Western Washington University 2002-2006
- Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist
- Resistance Training Specialist Program
Professional Coaching Career:
- Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew FC
- Toronto FC
- Austin Aztex (Orlando City FC)
- Tacoma Stars
Professional Playing Career:
- Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Reign FC
- US Soccer
- Seattle University
- Western Washington University
Professional Strength and Conditioning Coach:
- Seattle Reign FC
- Works with people from all different backgrounds interested in health, wellness, rehab, prevention and performance.
- Specializes in Soccer, having worked with players from Major League Soccer, National Women’s
Soccer League, United States Men and Women’s National Teams, English Premier League, German Bundesliga, Scottish National Team, Welsh National Team and Dutch National Team.
- Has also worked with Athletes from the NFL, MLB, WNBA, and US Skiing.
- Featured in articles in Sports illustrated, the Los Angeles Times, and the Seattle Times
7. Terry Wilson L/AT, MATs, MPE
Athletics Training Institute Coach 2009-present. Level 4 POD Leader
Specialties include: injury management, post-surgical recovery & rehab, athletic development & strength training
Sport Specialties include: Basketball, Football, Dance, Wrestling, Soccer, baseball, & LAX
- Athletic Training Institute
- Certified/Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Muscle Activation Techniques Master Specialist
- Muscle Activation Techniques Rx certified
- Performance Training Specialist
- Washington State University 2002-2005, Bachelor’s of Science degree in Kinesiology & Athletic Training. Working with WSU’s Women’s Tennis, Women’s Crew, Women’s Soccer, and Men’s Basketball. –Holiday Bowl vs. Texas, Rose Bowl vs. Oklahoma
- Washington State University 2005-2006, Intern-Athletic Trainer, WSU Football
- Athletic Training Institute Intern 2004-2006
- Woodward West X-Games Training Facility, Summer Athletic Trainer 2004, 2005
- Woodward West X-Games Training Facility, Head Athletic Trainer 2006
Boise State University 2006-2008, Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer, Master’s Degree in Exercise Science & Athletic Administration. Working with BSU’s Football, Wrestling, and Men’s Basketball. Provided multiple research papers for BSU Athletic Department for implication into Boise State University’s ‘Athlete Handbook’ –Fiesta Bowl vs. Oklahoma, #3 NCAA National ranking, Hawaii Bowl vs. East Carolina, PAC-10 Wrestling Championship, Multiple PAC-10 Wrestling Champions, top 10 NCAA Wrestling team ranking.
- Seattle Seahawks MATRx & Rehabilitation Consultant 2010-Present
- Seattle Seahawks Athletic Trainer 2008-2009
- Woodinville High School Head of Sports Medicine Programs & Athletic Training 2009-present
Seattle Seahawks Athletic Trainer & Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist 2010-2012
- Bellevue College Head Athletic Trainer 2013-2014
- Multiple Nike Crossfire Soccer events 2009-2012
- Rotary Girls Basketball 2010, 2013
- LFW School of Dance Injury consultant 2009-present
8. Rick Emerson MATs
- 1987-1990 personal trainer PacWest gym.
- 1989-1992 AVP beach volleyball player.
- Central Washington University Fitness Sports Management with emphasis on Sports Psychology 1993-1995.
- 1995-1997 internship and graduated to full-time Renaissance Back Restoration therapist trained in MedX.
- 1997-1998 trainer Bellevue Place Club.
- 1997-2000 sponsored triathlete.
- 1998-2000 regional fitness director and trainer Gold’s Gym Western Washington.
- 2000-2002 trainer and fitness director Iron Works Gym
- 2001-2003 sponsored 5k runner.
- 2003-2007 fitness director Getty Images
- 2004-present coach and MAT jump start practitioner Athletic Training Institute.
- 2011-present MAT specialist.
- 2013 currently participating MAT Rx
9. Erik Schwenn
- Master Muscle Activation Techniques Specialists. Since 2008
- Assistant in mastery classes in mat
- Foot, lower body, upper body, trunk, and spine. 2013
- Specialize in treating foot dysfunction
- Specialize in joint mechanics
- Assistant in mat prescriptive rules (RX).2013
- Mastery Resistance Training Specialist (pending).
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Personal Trainer. Since 2000
- American council on exercise personal trainer and group exercise instructor. Since 1995
- American college of sports medicine health and fitness instructor and personal trainer. Since 1998
10. Loren Gardner – Young, MATs
- Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist (2016-Present)
- 3-Year Collegiate Baseball Athlete (2010-2015)
- California Academy of Baseball Instructor (2011-2013)
- Specialize in Athletic Development
- Specialize in Speed and Agility Training
- Specialize in Baseball Emphasis
- Muscle Activation Techniques (2015-Present)
- Bachelor of Science – Kinesiology, Lewis Clark State College, Lewiston ID (2013-2015)
- Associate of Science – Social and Behavioral Sciences, Sierra College, Rocklin CA (2011-2013)
- University of Nevada Reno, Reno, NV (2010-2011)
11. Austin Hall, MATs
- Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist (2016-Present)
- 2-year letter winner in baseball at Mount Si High School (2012-13)
- Shoreline Community College baseball (2013-2014)
- Exercise Science at Linfield College (2014-2015)
- Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist Internship (May 2015- January 2016)
- MAT Mastery level courses (2016-present)
- Athletic Development
- Speed, agility, quickness training
12. Devin McKee
- Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist (2017-Present)
- Basketball Strength and Conditioning Coach, Woodinville High School (2014-2017)
- Bachelor of Science- Psychology and Sociology- Central Washington University (2014-2017)
- Central Washington University Deans List accolades (2016-2017)
- 3-year Collegiate Football Athlete, Grossmont College/ Central Washington University- Defensive Back
- 1st Team all-league Honors- Football Defensive Back, Woodinville High School- 2011
Specializations: Basketball/Football Development, Muscle Activation Techniques, Speed and Agility, Nutrition